Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year, A New Perspective

First things, first: Hau'oli Makahiki Hou! (Happy New Year in Hawaiian, pronounced how-o-lee mah-kah-hee-kee ho) :)

I have been incredibly blessed this holiday season. It may seem small and insignificant to anyone else, but I'm incredibly grateful. My immediate family (strong focus on my mother & I) has gotten along the entire time I've been home, and my extended family didn't bicker or create any drama during holiday celebrations... in fact, we actually got along, too! To those who know me (and/or anything about my family) knows that this is HUGE! It's a first!

I also had an amazing, laid back New Years. It may have been frigid cold, but it was fun. Good friends, good times, good entertainment... :) It was an excellent way to start off the new year, if I do say so myself! Then to top it all off, I was able to reconnect with some old friends that I felt I had been slipping away from (which may or may not have included a boy-band themed night... don't judge).

I am just radiating happiness and have an overall good feeling about things. I'm not saying it's going to be a smooth year, but I'm confident in what's to come and excited to see what's next (unlike last year where I was dreading the year and what it held). Bring it, 2011... bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment