Friday, January 7, 2011

E Komo Mai!

I'm officially back in Honolulu. I had good flights (minor turbulence that made a [hot] marine grab my hand, but nothing too horrible), and was greeted with a warm 77 degrees Fahrenheit. Karen picked me up because Gary is in Washington D.C. for the next 10 days for a conference dealing with the $83,000 grant we received. Some of their guests were still in town - leaving later that night - and offered to have me join them for dinner.

It was an amazing homecoming! Everyone was so nice, we had good conversation, good food, and were able to connect about local news, events, and people in Nebraska that we all knew. :) I love small world connections... they definitely make the world go round!

Today it is a little bit on the chilly side here in Honolulu (not as cold as Nebraska, but enough to give me goosebumps for the majority of the day, and to be heavily overcast). I'm at work... not my favorite thing to be doing right when I get back, but I did have a longer break than most, so I'll deal. I'm trying to work up the motivation to be really productive on all this capstone crap, especially since I recently realized how little time I have left! *scary* Besides that it's been pretty chill (ha, in both senses since it's slightly chilly today!)... Welcome home!

No comments:

Post a Comment