Sunday, December 26, 2010

"Shocking: Whipped Cream!!!"

I've had one of the, if not the, best Christmases with my family! Not just my immediate family, but my extended family, as well... which for anyone who knows my extended family knows this is HUGE!

To explain a little bit: My mother and I have not fought since I've been home. To emphasize, I've been home just over 8 days. This is like a world record for my mother and I. In fact, I'd even stretch it to say that we've even gotten along. Weird. So this was the first holiday that wasn't shrouded with passive aggressiveness or contempt. I can't tell you how much I prefer holidays without that... I've never known the amazingness of them!

Then there is my extended family... That's a-whole-nother story in itself, but basically everyone got along and there were a minimum (if any) of snarky comments. To highlight - all the cousins except two who were absent played the game Apples-to-Apples for just over three hours. We haven't been able to get along or sit in one room for longer than necessary without fighting since we were 12. This may not sound impressive, but trust me, it is. We were even getting into the game and yelling/arguing for our cards and getting animated with our descriptions, which would normally annoy the hell out of my grandma's nerves, but she enjoyed watching us because we were all getting along for once. I even got to learn interesting things about my fellow cousins. The culmination of how amazing this event was came when my snobbiest cousin asking if we could all get together and do this again before we all leave. OMG!!! Who knows if it will actually happen, but this was an amazing holiday experience!

P.S. the posting title is in reference to how I won the Green Apple Card "shocking" with the Red Apple Card "whipped cream" because of my animated argument. It was so hilarious that we all doubled over laughing, and my grandma cried tears of joy. Mission: Accomplished. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment