Monday, January 24, 2011

Holding Patterns...

The term "holding patterns" has been on my mind a lot recently. It came up in a phone conversation with my best friend this past weekend. We were discussing a number of topics, all of which one of us or the other felt uneasy about the situation, and Amanda so ingeniously termed it "holding pattern." I know that is all very vague, but just roll with it.

I feel like I'm in a holding pattern in many different aspects of my life. The most obvious to this forum's audience would be my academic and professional life. I'm in an internship that has kind of plateaued, I'm stuck in this off-campus phase when I just want to be done, I'm still living the transient lifestyle that has me guessing year-to-year what I'll be doing next or where I'll be next, etc, etc, etc. That may not seem "holding patten-ish" to you, but it is.

I feel stuck. I'm way passed ready for the next step to begin, but I'm nowhere near it happening. It's like I've already mentally checked out of this chapter of my life and I'm frustrated because I'm not in the next chapter. Holding Pattern. The sad thing is this isn't the only aspect of my life where I feel this way.

I'm not doing a very good job of describing this, am I? What is the solution when one feels "stuck" in their life? Better yet, what is the question that will describe the situation properly to lead to the type of solution I'm looking for?

Did anyone follow any of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment