Saturday, January 22, 2011

ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi

Today I officially registered for my (hopefully) last Hawaiian class to complete my language requirement for my degree. I see this as a milestone, even if I haven't completed the course yet. It probably helps that yesterday in the mail I received a certificate from the Kamehameha School for the course I completed back in November. The coolest part about it was that, in addition to my certificate, they sent along FOUR children's books - for FREE - about the life and times of King Kamehameha (some of the course materials we used during the course, which were all electronically supplied to us). They aren't all that fancy, but anyone who knows me and books understands why I was completely floored and excited!

I'm also excited to learn more Hawaiian because prior to Kylie leaving I was teach her words and phrases she could take back home to her family and schoolmates. Seeing her excitement reminded me of my initial excitement to learn Hawaiian. :) I'm going to rock out this language requirement!

No comments:

Post a Comment