Thursday, January 13, 2011

Busy Week!

Since arriving back to Hawaii, it's been non-stop GO!

Gary has another intern, Kylie, here for the month of January working on creating/fleshing out a 4-H Song Book that will also include traditional Hawaiian songs (she's a music major). She's here doing this as a favor to Gary and to get credit for her J-term with Buena Vista University in Iowa. I find it slightly humorous that she is here for the same reasons I am - she knew Gary from Nebraska, talked to him for ideas/contacts, and he said "Come here!"

Kylie's family are good family friends with Gary & Karen, so they actually arrived before New Years to visit. Her family left the night I arrived back in town, and Kylie remained to finish out her one-month internship. Since Gary is on the mainland this week for a conference (which he almost didn't make it to, and it almost didn't happen because of all the bad snow storms) and Kylie is staying with Karen, we've been doing a lot of touristy things, going to dinners, and hanging out at Gary & Karen's house. Thus, I haven't been home that often, nor have I had time to do much else! No complaints here! To top it all of, Gary & Karen's son & significant other arrived Tuesday night for a two-week visit. Crazy busy, but lots of fun!

Work has seemed to go much faster this week, too! Maybe it's because Kylie comes to the office with me (which is nice because then I have someone to talk to, and we've been helping each other with our work). ***Side Note: Is it sad that I like her work better than mine and kind of want to switch? I miss my music major/minor days...*** Time could also be flying because I've been putting my nose to the grind-stone and actually making headway on my Capstone crap.

On the academic side of things, I've completed my Capstone Proposal and Human Subjects Review form. I submitted that along with my petition to Capstone in May yesterday. I had to submit them directly to the off-campus coordinator since my advisor decided to go MIA at the most crucial time of the year, but I confirmed with her that it was okay and she confirmed that my spot in the May Capstone was reserved unless my advisor says otherwise (once she comes back). I just want to be done with all of this... no joke.

Okay, back to work. I can't let the productivity train leave the station without me!

No comments:

Post a Comment