Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Let The "Academic" Hallelujah Chorus Sing!!

I have just finished writing my first RPQ (Reflective Practice Question) paper! *Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Halle-lu-jah!!!!!!*

Those of you who have known about my serious writer's block will know what an amazing feat this is! The RPQ I just completed is my RPQ #1 that focuses on:

"RPQ on a Core Course-related issue: Select a PIM core competency area that you consider especially relevant to the work in which you are engaged at your practicum site. Formulate a reflective practice question and answer exploring your experience in this area using the conceptual lenses provided in the pertinent on-campus courses and your own additional reading in the area. The core courses to select from are OBI, OBII, Social Change, and Intercultural Communication (e.g., OB II observations and analysis in the workplace, ICC framework analysis relating workplace to theory)."

I based my RPQ #1 off a combination of OBI/OBII (Organizational Behavior 1 & 2 for those of you who didn't attend SIT) focusing on structural issues with Hawaii 4-H and recommendations for fixing them! At this point, I don't care if I did the assignment wrong, I don't care if my advisor thinks my writing is complete crap (well, I do a little bit, but that's beyond the point)... all I care about is that I have finished one of my three RPQ papers, and I can officially cross that off my To-Do List and move on to the next one!

Yiiiiippppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! :D

On top of that, I re-wrote my Capstone Proposal and Human Subjects Review form, and submitted it, because I changed my mind on what I want to focus my Capstone on. It's been a totally crazy, productive day... AND I AM LOVING IT! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment