Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Working Vacation

I'm about ready to embark on a trip to the hottest (early) Spring Break get-away there is: New England... in February. Haha! Not! 24 hours from now I will be taking off in a plane bound for the mainland, with my journey ending in Boston, MA. I'll get to spend a day and a half with some SIT friends in Boston (a city I've never been to before!) before getting on a train and heading up to Vermont for Capstone Week.

During my on-campus phase there was a total of 3 Capstone weeks I could've attended to observe a Capstone presentation before I have to present one myself. However, during the November week I had class and work during all the presentations (no lie), during the Jan/Feb week I was in NYC for my Spring I Term class, and by the time the May week rolled around, classes were over and I was so fed up with the place that I hightailed it out of there as soon as I could. So I have no one to blame but myself for not witnessing a Capstone presentation earlier.

This is why I've decided to fly out to Vermont to witness some Capstones before I have to present. I'm also planning on taking advantage of the fact I'll be on campus and track down my advisor and the off-campus coordinator to get some answers. It also gives me an opportunity to hang out with some friends that I haven't seen and have truly missed since I hightailed it out of there in May. :)

After my 3 short days in Vermont, I plan to head to Salem, MA, to visit another SIT colleague before flying to Nebraska for the weekend. In Nebraska, I plan to hit the ground running by completing my taxes, applying/interviewing for jobs, seeing the doctor, and attending a retreat meeting in addition to seeing as many family and friends as possible in 3 days.

It's going to be a crazy & hectic 10 days, but a wonderful relief to reconnect with good friends and classmates, as well as meet with academic advisers. I'm already anticipating the high I'll get from being super productive! I'm just hoping that mother-nature decides to take an early spring break vacay too so that I don't have to deal with many weather related delays while I'm on the mainland. My schedule is so jam-packed that I don't know if I could handle a major delay. Keep your fingers crossed! :)

I'm super excited! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekk!!!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment