Sunday, February 13, 2011

Boston!!!

I just concluded my first ever trip to Boston! Granted, it was really short (only a day), I was visiting a couple friends, and it is the middle of February, so I didn't do/see a bunch of the things I'd like to eventually do/see in Boston, but it was still a lot of fun!

My friend Pam met me at the airport. I hadn't seen Pam since the day I drove out of Vermont with SIT in the rear-view mirror! I can't even begin to explain how amazing it was to see someone from school, and for that to be someone who is a true friend. We spent our day in Boston checking out Pam's local coffee place, touring her neighborhood, traveling all over Boston looking for discounted tickets to museums, meeting up with some of Pam's friends and visiting the Boston Museum of Fine Arts (MFA), having dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, and heading down to the theater district to see the Blue Man Group! SO. MUCH. FUN!!!

This morning we got up early and met another SIT friend, Amya, at a local bookstore/diner called Trident. I was on cloud nine... and that's despite being sleep deprived (no sleep on planes, up all day in Boston, bed late/early rise) and cold.

I wish I could've stayed longer... :( However, I'm on the mainland for a reason, and that reason is Capstones! Currently I'm on a train heading North toward Brattleboro, VT, and more SIT friends! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment