Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Marathon of Capstones

I have sat through 3 Capstones thus far. Some good, some bad. I'm definitely getting a lot of pointers on what to do/not to do. That's one of the reasons I came, so I am thankful for that, but I wish I could get a clearer understanding of what the evaluators (professors/advisors) are looking for. I haven't been able to sit in on any Feedback sessions yet, and I think that will be one of the most valuable parts to observe! Hopefully I will be able to tomorrow morning!

One of the presenters I witnessed today was a girl named Maggie. I really connected with her and her experience (which are very similar to myself). She also had a solid presentation, even if some of her peers were judging petty things she had no control over. Tam and I caught up with her after her presentation and she traded contact info with us so that she could get feedback about her presentation and to be a resource for us. So grateful!!!

I also learned, by observation only, that it isn't as easy as it looks. I saw many a red-eye from presenters after their presentations and feedback sessions. I can only imagine how that will go when I have to do it. Joy.

One more Capstone to sit through tomorrow morning, then it'll be time to dive headfirst into mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment