Tuesday, February 15, 2011

“Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”

Although I've been here in Vermont for the specific purpose of observing Capstones and meeting with professors, I have been blessed with the most amazing friends! Last night, on Valentine's Day, instead of people quartering themselves off with a certain special someone, 6 of us got together and had a potluck dinner.

I've never had a better Valentine's Day, and that isn't a reflection on past V-Day's, but more that last night was that amazing! The evening started out as, "Hey, restaurants are going to be crazy packed tonight, let's make a homemade dinner." Then the list of people joining us kept growing so that people could all hangout with each other before those of us visiting left town. The original idea for the potluck is that Caitlin was going to make an herb infused stuffed chicken and the rest of us would make sides, however it turned into a 5 course meal with everyone preparing enough food for one course. Whoops! I would be lying if I didn't say this meal gave Thanksgiving meals a run for their money. Everything was absolutely delicious, so I'm not complaining, but I do think I may have permanently injured my stomach. ;)

There were so many high points of the evening that I can't even begin to explain them all, but just know that I am extremely grateful!

The fun didn't just end there! Tonight a few of us got together with another friend for dinner at her apartment. She made us the most amazing Moroccan dish - *scrumptious* - and we played board games to pass the time. This is what I miss. I miss just spending time with good friends and enjoying each other's company instead of it becoming a forced ordeal. This is what has been missing during my time in Hawaii, as well as some of the times I visit Nebraska.

I am truly grateful for the amazing friends, food, and festivities of my time here in Vermont, and I am sad to leave tomorrow. Thanks, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment