Monday, February 14, 2011

Face-to-Face

I am soooooooooo glad I came to Vermont this week. Yes, it was a lot of money. Yes, it took time and energy to get here. But so much good is coming from it!

Today I was on hyper-drive for meeting with professors/coordinators/advisors and getting answers! I had the mantra of "Taking names and kicking butts!" in my head. If you've been paying attention to this blog at all you'd know that I'm more than a little frustrated with my school and practicum phase. So, in addition to viewing Capstone presentations, I decided it would be wise to search key people out for clarification. I had a good heart-to-heart with the professor that helped me during the public accusation situation a few months ago. After getting a bunch of resources from them for some of my papers, I headed over to my advisor's office.

This was the first meeting my advisor and I had ever had. Literally. So this meeting was good for multiple reasons. I was in her office for over an hour talking about the different aspects of my position in Hawaii, going over the different things I had submitted, discussing possible avenues for me to take, etc. It's so nice to just understand what my advisor is thinking and where she is coming from... AND just to talk to her since she was missing for over a month! I feel a lot more at ease now. ***side note: my advisor piled a lot more work on my plate, but that was expected***

After meeting with my advisor I hit up the professor on campus that is in charge of my language requirements and got things squared away there. And for my last "Act" of the day, I sought out the off-campus coordinator and had a long chat about the realities of me trying to Capstone in May. It's do-able, but it's going to be A LOT of work. *mentally prepping myself*

Today has been uber productive, and it's not over yet! Now I'm off to observe my first Capstone presentation! Let the games begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment