Saturday, February 26, 2011

Training Recap

Last night's training was a success. As I stated earlier, there were only a few ways that this could be labeled a failure, so I was pretty much in the clear from the get-go, but still... it's nice to have it behind me and have notes on what went well and what didn't for the next group.

I'm glad I took TDEL (Training Design for Experiential Learning) because not only did it give me skills and activities to fall back on, it gave me an understanding of how to gauge my audience and make adjustments mid-presentation. I was also able to evaluate my performance throughout the workshop without letting it hinder what I was doing in the present. It's hard to believe that I tried getting out of that class (having already had hundreds of hours of training & facilitation experience), but I'm glad I powered through it. :)

I would say the biggest gaffe of the evening was when my screensaver of photos came on and I didn't realize it for a few minutes. Thankfully, nothing too embarrassing came up and I was able to spin it as a point in the conversation we were having. The biggest success was seeing the gears turning in these teenagers heads and having them request more sources of information to assist them in furthering the discussion. *Let the hallelujah chorus sing*

There are so many details from my notes that I could share, but instead of sitting around here and going over the play-by-play I'd rather start analyzing the experience and matching it to theory in order to start getting some of this down on paper! Capstone writing... and go!

No comments:

Post a Comment