Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Good People

Anyone who knows Professor Ken Williams knows his catch phrase of "Good People" or "Not so Good People." This morning I got to witness and be recipient of such "good people." After observing the last Capstone of my time here in New England, I had to rush and photocopy a bunch of sources that a professor gave me so that I could get them back to her before heading out of town. There were A LOT of resources that this professor dubbed as "just a little 'light reading'" and I was seriously afraid that I wouldn't be able to get it all copied in time.

What made the morning so amazing and allowed me to witness that "Good People" in progress was that my friends all selflessly came to my rescue. They helped me organize the sources to make them easier for copying, they kept me company while I was copying, they did whatever they could to be of service and to just be there for me in my time of stress. Also, a woman that I've never met before (a current SIT student who happened to be working in the computer lab this morning), helped me copy. She didn't have to, and I could tell she didn't want to, but she went out of her way to help me and make the process go faster. I am VERY grateful and couldn't stop expressing my gratitude to the point I think she was getting annoyed. Whoops!

I truly learned the definition of "Good People" this morning and this past week. As stated before, I am truly grateful and blessed to have such "Good [friends and] People" in my life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment