Friday, February 25, 2011

Training Prep

Ever since I arrived back in Hawaii I've been prepping for a workshop/training I'm facilitating tonight. Technically I've been brainstorming and discussing this workshop with the club leader of the group I'll be working with since before I left for the mainland, but haven't concretely done anything til this week.

The workshop/training is on culture, identity, and self-promotion. It may seem like an odd combo of topics, but trust me they go together in context of the larger Cultural/Diversity Event we have coming up in April.

I'm super excited for this training tonight, but I'm nervous as hell too! I'm finally implementing my thesis work that I've been planning and prepping and proposing over the past 6 months, so it's a little surreal and scary. Tonight's topics are sensitive territory, but I know the approach I'm taking isn't threatening for this audience. Basically, I'm pretty confident that even if I crash and burn tonight that they 4-H members will still get something out of it by simply brainstorming about the topics. I don't think I'll crash and burn, but I am nervous about expectations from the parents of these teenagers.

Keep your fingers crossed! Updates to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment