Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dad's Surgery

My father had back surgery today. I've been freaking out. The latest update is that he just came out of surgery and is in recovery. *sigh of relief*

It was a crazy day. I was suppose to attend a workshop this morning on diversity within 4-H programming, but the presenter never showed up. I took this as a sign that since I was already emotionally distracted that I just needed to take some personal time until I heard word on my father's condition. One of my roommates, Marla, suggested that we go down to the pool and relax, or go soak in the hot tub. I suggested both.

I'm glad I did decide to take a break for myself. It was so good that I actually skipped a portion of the afternoon session (not all, just half) to sleep after I found out the news he came out of surgery. It was okay though, because I found out later that the portion I skipped wasn't really worth it anyways.

I'm glad I get to see my father tomorrow. I'll update more on how he's doing once I learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment