Monday, October 11, 2010

Beach-ful Bliss

Ahhhhh! I'm so behind on posting stuff! I suppose that is what happens when you have a busy weekend. Who'da thunk? Okay, I know I still need to update about the 2 days worth of meetings, but right now I want to discuss my day at the beach. Can you blame me?

Yesterday afternoon Gary called me and asked me if I'd like to go to this little, mostly stranded, beach on the North Shore with him and Karen. I was like, "HECK YES!" I hadn't been to the North Shore yet - heck I hadn't been to the North or West side of the island yet - and it had been far too long since I had been to a beach. It's about a 45 minute drive to this beach and unless you know where it is you'll fly right past it. It's just on the side of the road, and you have to walk about a quarter of a mile up this path in the middle of horse pastures (for a nearby polo field) to get to the beach. It's totally worth it though because the beach is gorgeous and practically deserted! I swear that we were at this beach for 3ish hours and there were only 2 or 3 other small groups of people on the beach (at most 15 other people) and this beach stretched on for a pretty good distance. Needless to say I loved it! It was well deserved, too, after the preceding days of long, and sometimes painful, meetings.

I swam in the ocean, I had a huge wave come up over my head, I had
the ocean knock me over in one swoop and pick me right back up in the next without my control, I walked about a mile along the beach one direction and then back, I discovered a fossilized coral rock and dug it out of the sand, I watched sky divers from the local military bases jump out of planes overhead every 15ish minutes, I took lots of pictures and videos (to be posted to Facebook later this evening), we took the scenic tour to get dinner so we could watch the sunset fully, we grabbed dinner at an amazing little restaurant in a seaside village, and I star-gazed from the backseat of the convertible the entire ride home. *sigh of bliss*


So... when are you coming to visit? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment