Wednesday, October 20, 2010

*Breathe in, Breath out*

Just found out that my father has to have back surgery next week. A day before I arrive in Nebraska. Kind of freaking out... just a little bit.

He's been in pain for awhile, and has tried Cortisone shots, physical therapy, etc, but his doctor has decided the next step is surgery. I'm glad he's getting the help he needs, but I can't help but worry.

The procedure is fairly simple, or so I'm told, but there is always risk with surgery. I'm extra grateful that I am going home next week, but still upset that I don't get into town until a day after he goes under the knife. At least I'll be there for the week after to spend time with my family and help out.

My father knows how much I worry about stuff because when he called he downplayed the actual surgery part of the conversation and focused more and asking me to see if I could find someone to pick me up from the airport in Omaha because he obviously wont be able to do it. Seriously. He was more "concerned" with me getting home safely than him going under the knife. *rolls eyes*

I want to take a moment and thank my friend Charles for agreeing to come and get me without even knowing the specifics of why I was asking or my flight information. He's a good friend who is willing to help out a friend in need. Thank you, Charles. You're my hero!

Okay... I'm going to go watch some F.R.I.E.N.D.S. to take my mind off of things for awhile...

No comments:

Post a Comment