Monday, September 27, 2010

One month.

I hit the one month mark yesterday. How did I celebrate? By returning to the scene of the crime (aka the airport) to pick Gary and Karen up from their weekend on the big island. It's a little weird and funny that I happened to be picking them up about the same time they picked me up exactly one month ago.

I can't believe I've been here one month. Somebody pinch me! Okay, not really... pinching hurts!

I have been in Hawaii for one whole month... HOLY CRAP! This is insane! I only have 5 more months of my practicum! Meaning, I only have 5 more months to figure out the what the heck I'm doing here and what the heck I'm going to write about. *slightly nervous* I mean, things are still going to "plan." I originally planned to spend the first couple months purely observing before I decided upon which topic I'd write about. Since it's only been a month I'm still on track. I just expected to understand my position a little bit better by now. It'll all work out. In the mean time, I'm hoping to start my RPQ (Reflective Practice Questions) Papers. I also am hoping to register for some Hawaiian Language courses here in the next couple months to help get my language requirement out of the way and to learn a bit more about the Hawaiian culture while I'm here. :)

To my fellow S.I.T.ers: How are your practicums coming along? How far are you in the process? Have you started writing your paper? Have you written any of your RPQs?

No comments:

Post a Comment