Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

I haven't posted in a few days. Whoops. Hey, it's Labor Day Weekend... I deserve a break! ;) I didn't post anything because I haven't had much to talk about. My weekend has been pretty chill. I've relaxed, enjoyed the weather, watched movies, read a book, went to the Hawaii vs. USC Volleyball game, caught up on sleep, etc. Pretty calm if you ask me. I also met my host family's son, Curtis. He seems really nice. He's visiting for the long holiday weekend and helping his father do construction on the house.

I also didn't post because I didn't want it to have a post that was all complaint... as in I still haven't figured out the food situation yet. I've figured it out far enough where - it's official - they do expect me to buy my own food, but I haven't talked with my boss to figure out if this is a misunderstanding for them or a misunderstanding for me. I mean, my Letter of Appointment to my school states that I will receive a stipend of free housing, food, and regional transportation. That's all I have to go on. I'll hopefully get to talk with Gary tomorrow. Until then, I'm eating Easy Mac.... mmmmm, that takes me back to college. :)

Again, I don't have much to report. I'm in the process of making my "Hawaii To-Do List." While I was up in Vermont there were a lot of things I wanted to do in the New England area that I just never got around to. I'm not going to let that happen here! I mean, who knows when, if ever, I'll be back! So I'm making a to-do list of things I want to do, explore, and see before my time is done here in Hawaii. If any of you have any suggestions, please let me know! This list is a work in progress and I'm always open to suggestions!

Well, instead of boring y'all here with nothing to write about, I'm going to go back to my book. A hui kaua!

No comments:

Post a Comment