Saturday, September 18, 2010

Missing my friends

Today was a good day! ***I know that opening sentence seems bizarre compared to the post title, but keep reading, it'll start to make sense soon!*** It was Hawaii 4-H's Annual Foundation and Alumni meeting/luncheon. Good food, good information, good company. It was held at the Pearlridge Country Club which overlooks Pearl Harbor (Good view!). Meaning, today was the first day that I saw Pearl Harbor... but from a distance. Pearl Harbor is one of the top things on my Hawaii To-Do list, but I don't really want to see it alone. In fact, there are a number of things that I would much prefer to see with someone, not by myself. One of the many reasons I'm hoping people come visit, and soon!

Don't get me wrong... if NO ONE comes to visit, I'm not just going to sit back and see nothing of Hawaii! That'd be wrong on so many levels. I've only been here 3 1/2 weeks, though, so I have time to wait for friends and to not rush to see everything right away. I've enjoyed casually getting to know Hawaii. The relaxed pace seems to fit into what I know of the culture pretty well. Also, it leaves a lot of possibilities available instead of rushing off to see "everything" right away and then not having anything new to see during the remainder of my time here. (Hint, hint Amanda!)

I also just miss having people to talk with on a regular basis. The time difference gets to me sometimes. Today some 4-H-ers attended the luncheon to give a report on what their specific clubs were up to. They were all hanging out with each other and having a good time away from the older-folk. For a brief moment, I missed that. Then I realized I was one of the older-folk, and I instantly started obsessing about that instead. :P

To my friends out there who happen to read this posting, my request is simple: try to be on Skype, G-Chat, Facebook, AIM, etc more often. That's all I ask. For someone to chat with to keep me informed, to make my day go by at a decent pace, and to keep my sanity on some days. This introvert can only be introverted for so long!! ;) Thanks goes out to my friends who have remained in continuous contact. It is very much appreciated!

Beyond missing my friends, I am loving Hawaii! It is so gorgeous. It really is beyond words. A few people asked me if I'd ever move here. However, I don't have an answer for them. I love it here, but I'm not in love with it here. Not necessarily a bad thing!!! More on that at another time... I promise.

Okay, this posting is scatter-brained enough. Malama pono.

No comments:

Post a Comment