Monday, November 22, 2010

My Support Booster Shot

This weekend I had two amazing conversation with some S.I.T. (School for International Training) friends - Nick and Tam. I have to say right now, I am truly appreciative of technology and I *heart* Skype. I don't know how well I would've survived in the days when letter writing was the only source of communication. Being able to see and openly communicate with friends that I haven't gotten to talk with in over a month, especially two friends that are a part of my academic support system and who genuinely care about my well being in general, was just the medicine the doctor ordered!

Nick is a part of my cluster and is my cluster "buddy." He knows the ins-and-outs of the situation that unfolded in my cluster, and has been very supportive throughout, not only as my cluster "buddy," but also as my friend. Tam has always been a breath of sanity for me. When we were taking a class in NYC, in our classes on campus, etc, she was there for me. We've had so many long and in-depth conversations that she's been a real life saver over the past year-and-a-half.

Each of these conversations were well timed, greatly needed, and highly appreciated. They helped me de-compartmentalize things, they helped me think things through, they gave me new perspectives, they got my mind off of things, and they updated me on their lives... it was just what I needed. :) Thank you to both Nick and Tam for being fan-ta-bulous friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment