Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving with Host Family

Today I celebrated Thanksgiving with my host family, which included Mark & Helene (the couple I live with), their son Curtis, and their other tenant Althea (Thea, pronounced like Tia). It was a really nice experience. I haven't ever really talked with Thea before, and had only had a few interactions with Curtis when he came home for the weekends, but during our meal we had such lively and animated conversation you would think we were a very close and social family unit.

It made me really happy, especially in the midst of everything I've been going through lately. It also made me start thinking about how I'm not going to be home with my family for Thanksgiving, which made me sad, but I was also okay with it because I know there is going to be family disagreements (as there usually are during the holidays) that I'd rather not be apart of. This Thanksgiving dinner with my host family gave me an idea of a drama free holiday dinner, and I was very thankful for it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment