Friday, November 12, 2010

Snow vs. Sun

Just a quick update about how it's currently snowing in Nebraska. I've heard from friends in different areas of Lincoln and Omaha about blizzard-like conditions, to white-out conditions, to icy roads, to light dustings, to fallen branches, to major car accidents, etc.

It's just so surreal to me that it is currently snowing - pretty decently too - in Nebraska. I've grown up with snow my whole life, but to be here in Hawaii makes it hard to imagine. It's like I've been in extended summer this whole time.

Anyone who knows me knows that I like fall because it's pretty and the temperature is just perfect. I don't care for summer because it's too hot and you can only take so much clothing off. I don't care for winter because it's frigid cold. And, although I like spring second best, I don't like it as much as fall because it's so muddy (not to mention that winter keeps extending further and further into spring that it barely exists at all).

I knew I'd miss fall by moving to Hawaii, but was grateful to miss the majority of winter. I can get my fill of snow when I go home for the winter holidays (white Christmas, anyone?), but beyond that, they can keep their snow. Hawaii may be a tad too hot - most days - for my taste, but the beautiful sunshine, clear skies, bright blue water of the ocean, and calm trade winds keep a smile on my face on days like today... a day when I think of all my friends and family back home shoveling their driveways. :)

Aloha from warm and sunny Hawaii!
Don't hate. Appreciate!

No comments:

Post a Comment