Saturday, December 11, 2010

"Oh, the weather outside is... Glorious!"

It may be a minor variation to the song, but when Karen (my boss's wife) said it the other day, I loved it!

I haven't updated in a few days... my bad. But to be honest, there hasn't been much to update about! I've had a migraine since Wednesday. Yeah... it sucks. Meaning, I haven't done much of anything. I slept most of the day on Wednesday and Thursday, I went to work for half a day on Friday before asking to go home, and slept half the day today until I forced myself to get out of bed and go Christmas shopping before it was too late (besides, my head didn't hurt nearly as bad today as it did the previous days).

I also wanted to get out and enjoy the weather today. I mean, I've been reading all these Facebook and Twitter statuses complaining about the cold, blizzardy weather and then I look outside and see bright blue skies, vividly blue ocean that sparkles in the sunlight, and feel the warmth of the sun coming through my window and I'm grateful I'm here! So, instead of taking this gorgeous weather for granted (especially when I'll be leaving it for 3 weeks to go home for the holidays), I decided to head down to Waikiki and go Christmas shopping! :) ***Disclaimer: Before you start to hate me too much, remember that I'll be in the cold in a week's time***

I have to admit that it was kind of surreal to be Christmas shopping in Waikiki, and to walk along the beach to and from my car. At one point, I got really hot so I stopped for some ice cream... ICE CREAM! IN DECEMBER! CRAZY!

Now I'm home, in the air-conditioning (crazy!), eating dinner and chatting with my host family that just arrived back from a two week trip to the mainland. :) More than just the weather here in Hawaii is glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment