Monday, December 27, 2010

First Come, First Serve

Last time I was home for a visit, I was extremely frustrated and upset with a lot of my friends and family. I'm sure some of you remember my rant(s)... sorry about that. Well, I surmised that the majority of my problems last time I was home is that I tried to plan things out and then got upset when they didn't work out and was so set on the schedule that everything ended up falling to pieces. This wasn't the number only issue, but the major one.

This time around, I decided that I wouldn't plan, I wouldn't get my hopes up, and I'd just relax (in addition to working on my capstone/thesis crap). I'm hanging out with people on a first come, first serve basis. And you know what? It's been amazing! I've seen many of my friends, I've had ample time to hang out with my family, I've accomplished all my holiday tasks, and I've had time to relax! I am a major fan of this going with the flow situation. Tonight is the first night I've had nothing to do and I'm spending it by having a movie night all to myself in the house that I'm watching for my neighbors. I've never been so content! :)

I like when I just let go and let things fall where they may. You can only control so much before you have to just let go. Lesson Learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment