Thursday, December 16, 2010

Getting Pumped for the Holidays!

I leave for winter break in less than 36 hours - meaning I'll be in Nebraska in less than 48 hours. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkk!!!!! (<--girly squeal) :D

I took the day "off" today (really I'm just working from home, but being at home doesn't have much professionally for me to do, so I focus on the academic portion of my off-campus phase) to clean, do laundry, and PACK! I swear packing starts off simply enough, but then it just gets complicated as you go along!! I started out with a few clothes I'm taking with (I don't need to take many because I have clothes at home and it's cold there) and the Christmas presents I've purchased. But then I think "Oh! I can take some stuff home that I don't use or need anymore..." Then I realize some of my gifts wont fit in the carry-on suitcase, so I'll need to take my checked bag, then comes the "Well, this carry-on suitcase is broken, so I'll just use my new one and take this home inside of my checked bag," then I think about doing practicum work over break so I have to pack all my related books/resources, then I think about being bored at home or wanting to have movie nights with friends so I have to pack the movies... etc, etc, etc.

Now I have a stuffed checked bag, and stuffed carry-on bag that I'm slightly concerned is too big, and I still think I need to re-adjust things in them because of weight restrictions. *sigh* Hopefully I - and everything else - makes it home in one piece. :P

I'm not looking forward to the cold. I just got off the phone with my father reminding him to bring me my coat, scarf, gloves, etc. He BETTER remember. I'm coming from 80-degree weather... it's gonna be a major shock. No joke. To look on the bright side, it'll be more Christmasy, and it'll motivate me more to do all the holiday tradition things I love to do (because to be honest it doesn't really seem like it's a week away from Christmas being in Hawaii, just sayin').

Bring on the Family, Friends, Holidays, and Home!!!!!!!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkk!!!!! (<--another girly squeal) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment