Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Beginning of the End

Earlier this morning I dropped off my boss and his wife at the airport. They have officially embarked on their 3 week vacation to Australia. I'm a little jealous, but to be honest, I'm more relieved that they are gone and that I can now begin my mini-farewell stay-cation of Hawaii before I move home Friday night. I am house-sitting for the remainder of this week (and my stay) for my boss. When I leave, his other intern (Lee) will take over until their house-guests arrive a week later (with my boss and his wife arriving halfway through their stay). Crazy, no?

Focusing on my little time left, it was nice to move out of Mark & Helene's (my host family). I spent the majority of my weekend packing, and immediately after dropping my boss & his wife off at the airport I moved my stuff down to their house. I'm very grateful to have this space to live, relax, and work for my last few days in Hawaii. To be able to spread out, watch TV, cook, come and go as I please (I have access and keys to both vehicles), and not having to answer to anyone is an amazingly wonderful feeling!

I plan to split the remainder of my time pretty evenly between sight-seeing, relaxing, and working on my Capstone crap. Now to stop rambling here and get on with this plan! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment